The MTV Awards are just around the corner, and as celebrities primp and prep for the big day, so can you! Whether you’re prepping for the red carpet or just want some extra flair, hair extensions are a great option for ladies looking to add extra length and volume like all the big stars. Not everyone can grow luscious locks on their own, but you can still sport enviable tresses with a little assistance.
Provided you choose a style and color that matches your own hair, extensions make a nice, natural addition to your everyday look – that is, unless you’re looking for funky colors that will stand out! Whether you get something that blends with your hair or makes a fun statement, it’s essential to care for your extensions to maintain the quality of your real hair and minimize damage.
Even daily grooming habits such as brushing or washing your hair require very specific steps that will maximize the lifespan of your extensions and keep them looking fresh. Getting extensions is a big decision, so it’s important to put thought into every step of the process – even selecting your stylist! However, in no time these tips and tricks will become a habit and you’ll be able to tend to your new tresses without skipping a beat.
- Do your homework: Research online or ask friends for referrals and pick a stylist that has a good reputation. Ask to see pictures of their past work! A proven stylist will guarantee their work and offer to replace extensions if you have any problems.
- Wash gently: Shampoo with care and squeeze out extra water instead of ringing it. Dry the bond and surrounding hair first after you wash to maximize the life span.
- Brush with care: The right brush makes all the difference. Try something soft-toothed that won’t tug too harshly. Brush your hair gently each morning to prevent tangles.
- Exercise this habit: Braid your hair before working out to avoid a big, knotted mess.
- Sleeping beauty: Tie your hair back in a loose ponytail each night so you don’t wake up with matted hair after tossing and turning.
- Keep up: Book an appointment with your stylist every six to eight weeks for usual upkeep and don’t leave your extensions in longer than advised.
- Bun heads beware: Extensions should flow downward in their natural direction, so avoid buns and knots.
- Leave it alone: Try not to constantly play with or tug at your hair – it weakens both your natural hair and the extension bonds.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Lucinda Ellery is a renowned industry expert with over 30 years’ experience with extensions and women’s hair restoration, pioneering unique solutions for female hair loss and hair thinning. Having experienced it at first hand herself due to a childhood trauma at the age of 10, Lucinda understands the need for women to feel and look comfortable with their image and after observing current practice, so she set about developing techniques for female hair loss management and replacement. The three revolutionary techniques include: Medi Connections™ (targeted hair replacement to boost volume); Intralace system™, (mesh integrated into existing hair) and Intralace Freewear system™ (gauze platform with hair attached)
Lucinda is affectionately known in the celebrity arena as ‘The Queen of Glamorous Hair’ thanks to Lucinda Ellery extensions that have been applied to hair queens such as Barbara Windsor, Cheryl Cole, Katie Price, Peaches Geldof, Sarah Harding and Rachel Hunter. The extensions are made from premium quality Remy Cuticle hair which is 100% human with the hair and roots lined up in the correct direction for a more natural look. Lucinda and her 60 strong team of dedicated specialists between her London, Manchester and Beverly Hills studios are relentless in their appeal for extensions and hair loss management.
Last modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments