Get Shic by Soketah Hair Nail & Beauty Bar Tips You Need to Know!
Don’t get caught with dry crunchy damaged hair this summer! During hot summer months, hair gets exposed to additional heat causing it to lose moisture and become dry and brittle. Add the use of tools like flat irons, blow dryers, curling irons, and curl wands and it can become break off central!
Don’t Sacrifice Style.
Some Do’s and Don’ts for Styling:
This is your chance to turn heads ladies, don’t miss it! When it comes to styling avoid adding any more heat or strain on hair follicles than you have to. We repeat, step away from the flat iron!
- Don’t blow dry hair directly after washing it. DO try sectioning and air drying hair first to minimize heat.
It’s summer, get creative have some fun!
- Don’t Leave hair exposed to the beaming sun.
- Do use accessories like hats and scarves to protect the hair from those unforgiving beams. Work some fun colors into your wardrobe with wide brimmed hats, turbans, and linen scarves.
Because the hair can become dry and brittle, you want to prevent breakage or strain.
- Don’t use tight hair ties or clips that snag and break hair.
- DO use simple tricks like substituting bobby pins to make your buns instead of hair ties. Secure loose curls or, French braids, with bobby pins and grip safe clips.
Best Products to Use on Hair to Lock in Moisture For Summer Months.
Summer is all about hitting the beach, hanging with your girls, parties that last all night and picnics in the park with your significant other…the last thing you want to worry about is dry embarrassing hair! Protecting your hair is all about managing the moisture. At the end of each day make sure to replenish lost moisture. Some of favorite products are:
- Mizani’s Coconut Soufflé- It’s light, absorbs into the hair quickly, and gives your hair some shine without looking greasy
- Mizani Butter Blend relaxer- For women with relaxed hair I use the Mizani Butter Blend. It’s formulated to include more moisture to help protect your hair and style for longer periods of time
- Organix Sulfate-Free Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo and Conditioner - If heat damage has already occurred don’t panic! Breathe deep and immediately infuse lost nutrients back into the hair with this shampoo conditioner combo. I love that this combo is sulfate-free and affordable for the everyday woman.
Tips from Shic by Soketah Hair Nail & Beauty BarLast modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments