8 Beach Essentials for Posh Style All Day & All Night!
Happy 4th of July!
The heatwave has started! Keep it cool this summer with beauty that will help you look stylish while catching the rays at the beach. Keep it fresh from the sand to the salsa night club or while relaxing at home with a few after sun remedies.
When you hit up the beach you never know what occasion might arise and it's best to keep the style while staying protected! Here are a few of my faves to take with me on my sun bathing trips:
Before / While At The Beach
1) Bona Clara: Hello Sunshine Sunscreen is an oil-free and ultra-light Sun Protection that is non-greasy and unscented. It is very fluid-like, which is why it’s in a dropper bottle. I filled up the dropper and released the liquid on my skin and it absorbed easily and left no chalky white color! It was like pouring milk on my skin only this gave me SPF-29 protection. It was the oddest thing to use liquid sunscreen but it blended with my skin and had no odor so it was like I wasn't even wearing sunscreen when I really was! Always make sure you apply your sun protection BEFORE your in the sun and if you start to feel the burn, apply more!
For those of you with body art and need extra skin protection to preserve the integrity and color of expensive tattoos, it was recently brought to my attention that Coppertone has the perfect product!
2) Coppertone:Tattoo Guard SPF 50 sunscreen was ideal for me and the various works of art I have on my body and while in my bikini most are exposed to the sun and can be damaging to the work, so I LOVED the Tattoo Guard! It also conveniently came in a stick as well so I could bring it with me anywhere and just apply quickly if need be! GENIUS!!! Finally a company that thinks outside the box and grows with the times, and in this day and age most people do have tattoos and more and more work environments are accepting them so they are not as taboo as they used to be :) This product is mandatory for me!
Beach nails are an easy beauty process that you can do to liven up your look or give you a pop of colorful style. I am not a nails girl until the summer and I am currently crushing on the 3) Zoya: Stunning Nail collection! It is all of the hot, trendy 2013 summer colors in bright neons in colors yellow Darcy), orange (Thandie), light pink (Micky), dark pink (Yana), blue (Rocky) and green (Josie - I am wearig that color now)! I love ALL the colors in this collection, and that is usually something rare. These colors just add that pop of color instantly and can go with any style you will be rocking :)
Since I was having trouble picking which color was the best I enlisted the help of a new app I recently downloaded, called askem (askem.com). This app is amazing because you can take a picture of anything and ask a question to get people votes and opinions! Deciding on what dress to wear to a wedding, if you should dye your hair or if you new nail polish is cool? Just upload a pick, tag some answers to choose from on the pic and ask the question. Include hashtags to gain more visibility and BAM...instant answers for you. I am semi-addicted to this app, since I am unwilling to admit full addiction, but I did ask which Zoya nail polish they thought was the best using my Zoya: Lovely Spring 2013 collection and the result (as you can see in the pic) was the orange color. Pretty cool huh? You can also break down the results to see the percenatge of votes from men and the percentage of votes from woman! Check it out...it's fast, easy and fun :)
While at the beach it's always important to keep your lips protected and hydrated as well so they stay plump and nourished! So you might as well go big and style up your look with a bright gloss!
4) Guerlain: Maxi Shine Intense Colour & Shine in Candy Stripe Watermelon Pink is my FAVE go to gloss for the beach! It is a luscious gloss that adds instant posh style to any look...even at the beach! It applies on smooth and feels very comfortable on and last a long time! The color is a gorgeous bright color and I love how it makes my face pop, especially at the beach when you either have no makeup on or just a tinted moisturizer. Gloss is definitely something that makes me feel instantly pretty when I put it on :) The colors in this collection is just truly AMAZING!
From the Beach to the Night Out with Friends!
Okay so while at the beach you get a call from your friends to meet you out for dinner and drinks...right NOW! No problem, in 2 steps you can be
5) Brazilian Blowout: Instant Volume Body Boost Powder is small and easy to take in your beach bag! Your can freshen up your sweaty, messy hair with this volumizing powder instantly! Just shake the product into your hands and work into your roots and tousle your hair around to have that messy, sexy beach hair. It smells amazing and leaves you with incredible results that will have people thinking you spent hours creating when you really just came straight from lounging at the beach. ;)
6) Juicy Couture: Rollerball Duo - Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum & Viva La Juicy La Fleur Eau de Toilette is a two sided, slim style scented rollerball design. Combining delicious wild berries with creamy vanilla and bright jasmine, Viva la Juicy is playful and alluring. Uplifting and dreamy—inspired by the blushing aura of being in love, Viva la Juicy La Fleur is a breathtaking fragrance that captures the dreamy, ethereal feeling of love’s first embrace. BOTH scents I LOVE and it's always a challenge to pick a side, hah. The design is sleek and fits into any bag and you just reapply as needed anytime! Fell free to freshen up and smell fresh out of the shower with this duo!
After the Beach / Night Out
Being in the sun all day can be draining and if you had gone out with your friends afterwards you are probably in need of some rest, relaxation and recuperation!
7) Bed of Nails mat & pillow is acupressure at home! The mat is covered with 210 acupressure points, each in its turn covered with 42 nails for a total of 8820 nails per mat! Bed of Nails works similar to acupuncture, the pressure of the rounded nails against the skin may help the body release endorphins, the body's very own "happiness drug" which provides a sense of joy, energy and pain relief, and oxytocin, which makes You calm and relaxed.
If Bed of Nails is used regularly for a long enough period of time it may alleviate:
- Back pain
- Muscle aches
Bed of Nails may also reduce the appearance of cellulite. The nails will create more blood flow to the area on which Bed of Nails is used and this can help break down the fat groupings which causes the cellulites plumpish display. Since Bed of Nails helps the body rid itself of toxins this might also help reduce cellulite.
Umm...with all of those benefits why wouldn't you try it?! I LOVE my bed of nails, I was given the pink one which is playful and energetic, so if you prefer harmonious colors which bring nature to mind then you would want the green mat. They also have pillows and I have a matching pink bed of nails pillow to go along with my mat for ultimate relaxation! There are many ways to use the bed of nails, I have been using it on my office chair and even laid on it in my bed at home, but my favorite is walking on it! It has this indescribable tingly feeling that does uplift your mood :)
8) Kate Somerville: Dilo Oil Restoration Treatment will help bring back the hydration and much needed skin repair after the sun! It contains rare Dilo Oil from Fiji which is cherished for its multiple restorative benefits and promoting healthier-looking skin. Rich in essential natural lipids that work in harmony with skin’s own lipid layer, this unique, fast-absorbing oil helps to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier improving skin hydration, improves the look of skin firmness and elasticity, evens skin tone, and helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. All that and it is 100% natural!
It dispenses out in a dropper and when I applied this oil it did absorb quickly into my skin and left no heavy feeling on my face and I didn't wake up to an oily pillow case. It perfectly hydrated my combination skin that was exposed to the elements and I woke up with a perfect complexion that was smoothed out and even. I was surprised that such a pretty little bottle could provide me with so much powerful beautifying skin care.
Okay that was a long overhaul, but I hope you all at least got some great new products to try out from it :)
What's your #1 beach essential??
Until next time...Keep On Being Beautiful You!
Last modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments